Saturday, July 20, 2013

Restoration

What a pleasant surprise it was to go to Yoga Wednesday morning and Yoga not be flow but restorative yoga. My muscles felt so relaxed after attending this class. I may have to make this a weekly thing. The teacher's voice was so fitting for the name of the class....I seriously wanted to record her to playback and help me relax before bed.

Grace and I went on a bike ride up to the Red Box near us to rent, "This is 40." It would have actually been funny except for all of the unnecessary "f bombs." It's distracting when it's that frequent!

Thursday we went to visit a new friend who recently had a baby. The baby is absolutely adorable and tiny (you forget how small babies begin)! We brought over dinner and a little outfit for the baby. Looking back to when Grace was born, I laugh at how unstable your home actually is. You have a new human being to support after years of it just being you and your spouse. You have no idea what in the world you're doing. I was absolutely terrified that I was going to accidentally kill the baby.... I remember that panicked feeling I had after Grace was born and I knew Alex would be returning to work the following week. It's such an emotional time but full of blessings nonetheless. You truly realize how incredible friends and family are when coming to your aid, feeding you, loving you and your new little human. I think part of the reason I was so emotional was because I got a glimpse of God's love for us in having Grace....that overwhelming joy, love, and hope.

I never wanted to believe life would change after a baby but boy, does it ever. Those of you heading down that road, work on your marriage... build a strong foundation for your family. Looking back, I would be reading marriage books instead of baby books....a lot of parenting comes naturally and ask other moms and dads questions along the way. In my opinion, those baby books just scare you and can be overwhelming.

I am currently rereading Love and Respect with a girlfriend of mine. Reading it less than a year into marriage may have equipped me to recognize unnecessary fights coming on but reading it now feels is more timely. I am looking forward to taking away many lessons from this book. 

Thursday we also went to story time at the library, the children's museum, and dinner at Mi Luna in Rice Village. The museum was crowded but dinner was incredible. Looking forward to exploring that area a little more soon.




Yesterday was a productive day. Grace and I went for a run in the morning. We ran to a pond nearby and did a loop and then headed home. I started to get very cocky during my run, thinking how easy it was, how my body must have adjusted to this heat... And then, God humbled me. The last mile and a half was incredibly difficult but we did make it home. 


We went to the pool with our neighbor and her little one in the afternoon and eventually got rained out. Last night a friend invited us for dinner which was wonderful. We had great fellowship and transparent discussions. The husbands went on a dessert run and I had one of the best carrot cakes of my life. Incredible. Ooh la la dessert boutique is delicious! 

This morning we read a bible story, went to the gym, and went made a delicious breakfast complete with an egg sandwich and smoothie (our old signature breakfast). I worked a little on my stencil project and Alex caught up on some work. Looking forward to a fajita night at our house! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment