Friday, July 12, 2013

Breaking Bread

We enjoyed our more relaxed day by the pool yesterday. Grace was so tired out from the sun and the kicking in the pool that she took a two and a half hour nap in the afternoon. I was able to paint the chair-rail for Grace's room while listening to a sermon from my old church, had a cup of coffee, blew up Grace's baby pool,  made salsa, and cilantro sour cream for dinner! Not going to lie, when we finished dinner at 6:15 and everything was pretty well cleaned up, I felt like I was supermom/wife!

Grace's baby pool is coming in handy as a play-pen! When the neighborhood pool closes, we'll bring it outside!
The sermon series that The Compass Church started after we left was called "Distracted." I will confess that since Alex agreed to take the position here in Houston, I've been spiritually distracted. Before moving, I always walked away from the weekly message and felt like Pastor Dale was speaking directly to me. During the week, however, I have been in a rut. I have been distracted when reading my bible thinking about all of the other things I need to get done, people I need to reach out to, housework, etc. I think I've needed a powerful message to wake me from this spiritual lull I have been feeling. I have left my bible on the kitchen table, open, ready to read, and ready to strengthen my relationship with God. If Grace hadn't taken such a long nap yesterday I may not have listened to a sermon (I miss Moody Radio more than you know) and have been able to reflect on this. God's timing is wonderful isn't it?

Last night we continued to work on Grace's room and our friends stopped by to bring us this beautiful homemade bread and honey. How sweet! 


For those of you who have been praying for us, thank you. I am so blessed to say that God is making this place feel like home, little by little, a day at a time. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I need to listen to that sermon! That is the subtitle of my life right now.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete