Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fried goodness!

I get hooked on cookbooks. I go through phases where I cook all meals from one cookbook exclusively then eventually move on. My latest obsession is with Martha Stewart's American Food cookbook. I have not made one thing out of this cookbook that I don't LOVE! 

Last night we decided to experiment with  frying. We used the healthiest oils we could (coconut & sunflower). Since our visit to The showboat Drive In, I've been craving a corn dogs. Many of you know I don't eat red meat so I can't just enjoy a corn dog anywhere... So we used Martha's recipe to make our own batter. It didn't go as smoothly as Martha made it sound but they were yummy. Here's a picture.



Since we already had the oil hot, we decided to fry up some Asian goodness: crab Rangoon! I used natural cream cheese, crab, garlic, salt and pepper (next time I'll add green onion) and rolled them up into wontons! Excellent! 



My body does hate me today for my fried party but it is what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment