Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cheering up

Sorry for the last depressing post! You've got to have sad days once in a while to help you appreciate the good ones. :)

My afternoon was cheered up by poolside company. What a treat! We also had our neighbors over for angel food cake and visiting. Their little ones loved Grace's playroom! Grace is going to need to learn to share though... how do I do this veteran moms and dads?!

Wednesday, I started my day with yoga. Afterward, I worked on a lot around the house (cleaning up since Grace is into absolutely everything). At night, we had a lovely picnic prior to a concert at church where Shane  & Shane played. They were so entertaining! Not only did they have spectacular voices but they were hilarious! 


Thursday, we went to story time at the library and did a little birthday shopping at mall. Look at all of Gracie's cute finds! 

Grace was so annoyed with me snapping pictures. Its so hard to get one that isn't blurry these days; she won't stop moving!

I was thinking about all of the lovely memories we've made and people that we've met here in Katy so far. Thank goodness for some wonderful friends in Chicago who helped us connect. I've had a lot of time to think and appreciate people the last few weeks. I've really dwelled on the fact that what you consider someone to be in your world (a minor friendship perhaps) may be the total opposite of what someone considers you to be in their life. I have almost uttered the words, "good friends," when telling others about a couple we have grown closer with here. I had to think about if it was acceptable to say this... I mean, we haven't known each other that long.... But we hang out a lot... We have meaningful conversations... They inspire us to want to live positively. Can we call them close friends? My conclusion is yes... You can consider someone a close friend even if they are busy people with tons of friends. I think it's something to keep in mind... You may be a huge important part of a friends life regardless of what they are to you. Looking back at some of the different places I've worked and been a part of, I could always find a "breath of fresh air," a person to light up my day... A face I would look forward to seeing when I walked in the door... Someone who is genuinely interested and you're excited to hear about whats going on with them. Friendships do get harder to maintain as you grow older and attain more responsibilities but no act of kindness goes unnoticed. I've had many heartwarming moments through texts, mail, phone calls, and FaceTime. It makes me feel grateful for just being a blip on a busy friend's radar. Makes you feel kind of important doesn't it? Spread some love, you never know which friend needs it. ❤

2 comments:

  1. All those clothes were so cute! It was fun to see all the things we did this week. :) Anyone would be lucky to be friends with you all. We certainly feel blessed by your friendship.

    xoxo-
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete