Monday, July 8, 2013

Lovely long weekend

Boy oh boy did this weekend go by too quickly. What a bummer to wake up today and not have Alex laying beside me. Back to the weekly routine of him leaving just after six. This weekend was just what we needed though! A little bit of work, lots of play, a much needed date night....

Thursday I woke up not feeling great so we headed to the pool to relax. Later on, we packed up and headed to the Freedom over Texas festival held in Houston. Walking from the parking garage in the theater district, just near the Hard Rock Cafe, Alex and I both felt like tourists. We realized we need to learn more about the city we are so close to, find the "Lincoln Park/Lakeview" and explore the neighborhoods sooner than later. If anyone has any suggestions for touristy books that are not so touristy, let me know :) But I digress.... due to the crowds, we decided to head back to Katy to go to the La Centerra, "Back Yard BBQ." It was awesome and what we will attend next year. Food, families, fireworks in a more manageable size. Perfection. 


Friday we spent a lot of the day purchasing and installing Grace's new bike seat. We went on a family bike ride that was about 6 miles. Grace loved the bike! She even took a little nap!


Saturday we worked on Grace's room a little more and hung more pictures. The chair-rail is going up this week and we will officially be done with her room! We had our new treasured babysitter come over so we could have a date night. I cannot describe how refreshing it was to get out as a couple. I did a lot of research this past week on how much we should pay our girl along with the national statistics for married couples and "date night." The average was 1-2x/month. We were ready to get home to our girl after a few hours on the town but man, we needed the time.

Sunday we attended Church. We met more new people at out Adult Bible Fellowship class. While waiting for the class to start people talked among their friends and caught up on what was going on in each others lives. A few women asked me how I was coping with the move and sympathized while recalling their struggles after transitioning to Texas. The last girl I spoke with asked how I was  feeling these days and described how she missed having her family and friends so close.... I totally lost it. I started balling, hard.... like ugly face cry. The woman could not have been any sweeter. Talk about awkward small talk for her....my bad. We had dinner with our new neighbors to our right which was GREAT company! They brought over homemade sangria which made us BFFs from the get go. They seem like a great couple and I see them hopping on the baby train in the near future. 

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Alex was so wonderful to spend it with, but that's the usual :)


No comments:

Post a Comment