Friday, August 23, 2013

Catching up

This week was a much slower paced week. It felt like we have been on "go mode" lately and haven't had time to get caught up on things. Luckily, this week has helped me get back on top of things....with the help of coffee ;)

Monday night we went on a family bike ride after dinner. We took our bikes to a path we hadn't ventured on before. It was gorgeous! We rode around a little lake and then to McDonald's for dipped cones.

Tuesday we went to the pool for a couple hours with a friend in the neighborhood, Sarah. Her little girl, Ryan, is about 3 months older than Grace and is so smart! We had a great time enjoying a little picnic lunch and watching the kiddos splash in the water. Tuesday night we went to the Franks for an adorable pizza party. We all brought a few toppings, Jennifer made the crust, and we rolled the dough and decorated our own pizzas upon arrival. It was super fun and of course Jennifer made it look effortless.

Wednesday Grace and I spent time playing and getting things done around the house. In the afternoon we picked up Sarah and Ryan and went to La Centera. We went to Bonefish Grill for their happy hour and strolled around the shopping center. Radio Disney showed up and put on an adorable little show for the kiddies.

Thursday we went to the gym in the morning where Grace had a blowout. Poor baby. After changing her pants into polka dot pajama shorts (she was wearing a striped shirt), I finished my workout and we headed on our way. We had to stop at hobby lobby on our way home. Grace normally gets sweet little compliments from people when we're out...not yesterday. People were probably wondering what in the world I was doing in a craft store when I cannot match my child's clothes properly..haha. I worked on making a few little bows and headbands for Grace's birthday. Super easy and much more affordable than spending $6+ on bows! Last night Grace went to bed at 7 p.m. That is SO early for us. We did a lot of yard work and enjoyed relaxing on the patio with our neighbor.

Today we've been busy running errands and decorating for Grace's first birthday party here. We are so blessed to have people here to celebrate with. I'll post pictures of the decor and the party next week.

I've been listening to sermons on Submission to God's will. The pastor speaking talked about most of us live right in the middle of God's will for our lives and our own will. This really resonated with me. I feel like God has given us this beautiful life here...what if we were moved out of our comfort zones? I got to thinking about the fact that this is the first year that I missed the anniversary of my car accident (August 8th)... I didn't associate that day with the day that could have taken my life. The pastor talked about how God gives us struggles so we lean on him. I remember 5 years ago thinking, why me, I'm so young, why are you punishing me, God? When in reality, had that not happened, had I not been struck head on, I would've gone on living this life that was a total mess when I absolutely knew better. I was brought up better than that. I guess what I'm getting at is that we need to push ourselves to listen to Gods promptings and honor Him. Alex and I are determined to live his will for our lives. First step, figure out why we're here in Texas...


1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear about your week and listen to your thoughts. You and Alex are so special and you are already being influencers in lots of people's lives. Thank God that your accident didn't take your life. I, for one, would be missing out on a very special friend! Now if you can get your husband to stop influencing mine to buy guns, mmmmkay?

    Jen

    P.S. Effortless!, ha ha!! I was so tired the day after that party!

    ReplyDelete