Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A weekend of projects

Woo, I am happy to have many of these projects knocked out! Feels good to have gotten so much accomplished :)

Friday night we hosted a "dinner of 8." So our Sunday school class has 40+ (that I've seen on an average Sunday, although I think there are actually 200 members) people in it, which is huge and quite intimidating for a newbie like me. To help you get to know people better in the class they have small groups, accountability groups, play-dates, girls/guys nights out, etc and dinners of 8. We went to one a few weeks ago and had great conversation and felt like we got to know people a lot better so we decided to host one. Although I'm not sure if we were all able to sit down at the same time due to the needs of our kids, we did have a great time. We are very fortunate to have found this class to help us get plugged in with people in our same life stage. One of the girls even brought over homemade vanilla. Needless to say, I am so impressed.


 Saturday and Sunday were long, exhausting work days. Alex worked on and completed the patio  (our neighbor Jared and the Franks helped us out, praiiiiise the Lord). I sanded and stained the pallet, organized Grace's closet and the pantry, swept and cleaned the garage, did laundry, and purchased a rug for the living room. Here are some pictures of the completed projects.



Sunday afternoon Alex was craving a burger (Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays... wha wha) so we went to Whataburger. Fail. It did satisfy Alex's craving but I'm not sure why you would go there unless it was extremely desperate times. I went up to order "fresh avocado" so Grace could eat something and the cashier advised me against giving it to my baby. Say what?! No thank you.

I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable with the fact that my baby soon won't be a baby.... she will soon be a toddler. Although she will always be my baby, I received an e-mail from our old hospital giving me weekly updates about things Grace might be doing, tips, and advice, and they used the words, "your toddler." Gross! Where has this year gone?! I did read recently that while it is hard to watch your baby grow, it's even harder to watch them if their not. #blessed

Today we're getting a couple repairs done here at the house and Grace and I are meeting some neighbors at the pool :)

Tomorrow, Alex's parents are coming to visit! We are beyond excited to see familiar faces and post our adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment