Monday, August 19, 2013

The weekend

Another summer weekend has come and gone but it was a great one!

Friday was a trying day here at home. Grace isn't handling her teething very well at the moment. Between the three teeth coming in and the ants in the pantry, we had to get out of the house. We went to the gym (and Grace got a bad report because she was so cranky and steeling other kids' cups) and Target. We came home to an exhausted Grace but I set her down to vacuum the ants while she could play. She sneaks up on me, pounced on my leg (I thought she was an animal for Pete's sake!) and I somehow hit her in the mouth. Blood. And a hysterical Grace. Lovely. Grace takes a nap, wakes up, and this time I am holding Grace in one arm (because she has suddenly become terrified of the vacuum) and trying to suck up ants on the top shelf... I knocked hot sauce off the shelf... which shattered... and made hot sauce and glass go everywhere. Needless to say, I was elated to see Alex walk in the door.

After putting Grace to bed, Alex and I watched Zero Dark Thirty and enjoyed a relaxing evening together with pizza.

Saturday was just lovely. We slept in until 8:15 (which is late for Grace these days), had some coffee, and enjoyed a 3.5 mile run. It was a cool 75 degrees here with a breeze and I felt like I was high on life. It felt so good to be out with my two loves doing my number one hobby in what felt like spring weather. After the run we ate our signature breakfast sandwich and then headed to the pool. Grace is so interactive in the pool now. She truly plays in the water; she kicks, splashes, and waves at everyone around her. After the pool we got ready and the babysitter arrived. We headed into the city with the Franks to watch The Screwtape Letters. It was an incredible show! There were only two performers and it was SO well done. I am glad we read it before going because some of the stories seemed to resonate with me a little more during the performance. We even ran into friends from our ABF class. If the Screwtape Letters are in your area anytime soon, you MUST see it. So well done. After the show we picked up dinner and the Franks came to our house. The babies were a little restless but so entertaining.


Sunday we went to church, went shopping, relaxed and then had dinner at our neighbors house. The sermon at church was about redemption and finding our purpose. The pastor talked about not being shy in our faith but sharing your story with others around you. A good lesson to be heard regularly. They highlighted the fact that they need volunteers in the nursery. Alex and I have been talking about volunteering in the children's area for months.... they showed a picture of Grace on the screen while talking about volunteering. I think God was sending us a message... we need to step up.

Dinner at our neighbors was incredible. The food was delicious, the wine (was homemade) and yummy, and the company was wonderful. I truly feel like God put us in this house and so far we've had so many blessings by being surrounded by good people.


My baby turns one a week from today.... Where in the world has this year gone?! Pray for me as I prepare to transition to having a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment