Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dinners, Baseball, and Making Friends

What a week! We have been very busy eating with new friends. I have come to appreciate my new kitchen and this whole "nap" thing that Grace has been doing lately!

Friday night we had dinner with friends from our Sunday School class. The couple has two rambunctious boys and they were hilarious to watch play, quite differently than the delicate girls I'm so often around. They actually brought Grace's ball pit down stairs to play with. We had lots of laughs and conversation. I learned what a car "chip" was and about dirt bikes from one of the little boys.

Saturday morning we went on a 9 mile bike ride. It was toasty outside but we were in hot pursuit of Lorna (Grace's monkey friend pictured below) who never did turn up. Luckily, we found her on Amazon and she's being shipped our way! At night we went to City Center for dinner at one of our favorite spots, Ruggles Green. There was a live band playing music on the green; we danced under the stars and enjoyed the company of our good friends, the Franks. We sampled many yummy yogurts at Red Mango. The white peach flavor is to die for.


Sunday we went for a run before church, went to church, shopped (attempted to but Grace was not having it), and then went to dinner at a couple from our Sunday school class' home. It was lovely and the food was delish! The guacamole was so creamy: I've had dreams about it! Their little one is five, sweet, very giving, and adorable with Grace. We are blessed to have such great people in our neighborhood!

This week has been filled with dinners, pool time, a Costco trip, Grace loving the swings at the park, a bike ride, cooking, our first CFA experience, the Sugar Land Skeeters game, installing our projector, and catching up with friends back home. We are learning so much about southern hospitality and simple ways to show God's love to others through our new friends here. It's amazing how warm and loving people can be, right off the bat. Here are some pictures to sum  up our week:

My time in the word has been fruitful. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for me and my faith journey. I am currently reading the Psalms, Love and Respect, and The Screwtape Letters. God is blessing me immensely and I feel like I am growing in several areas right now. Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment