Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Barnabas in all of us

I am LOVING my bible study! As I've mentioned before, Beth Moore is giving me lots of homework each week but I love it because it's fruitful. I'm growing immensely in my biblical knowledge and am teaching Alex (which hardly ever happens). We've been studying about Paul's first missionary journey and alongside him through this journey was Paul's trusty companion Barnabas. The name Barnabas means "son of encouragement." We were asked to meditate on interactions and those we effect this week. I was thinking a lot about how easy it is to bring others down with negativity and how it's better to build up when you have the opportunity. All of the moments that I made negative comments flashed before me. I want to be a Barnabas! Don't get me wrong, you have to have people you can turn to a vent to but we have to learn our audience. At a play date this week, the girls were talking about taking on an attitude of "I get to." For example, "I get to change a dirty diaper." What a great attitude, chalk up those blessings ladies!

We got this in the mail last night! I have wanted this since I was pregnant. Grace LOVES it!


We took a trip to San Antonio this past weekend. The weather was incredible as was the company. My dear friend Laura's parents live there and we were so blessed to have a time to spend with her while she was in Texas. Although I do miss our Harry Potter marathons, sleepovers, and cookie baking, it's fun to grow and see how happy she is in her new (has it been a year already?!) relationship and see how sweet and wonderful she is with Grace. For my twenty fifth birthday, Laura gave me "Grace" body wash by Philosophy. Little did we know, I was growing little Grace inside of me by the time she gave it to me. Amazing right? I am truly blessed by her friendship and lucky to have married into the group of people that has become another family to me.

This week has brought cooler weather. It has been in the fifties and sixties in the morning which has been lovely. We've been busy with the splash pad, walking, play dates, gym visits, and bible study. We went to dinner at our friend's house this week. They have two spirited little boys that I adore. Watching Grace interact with these boys melted my heart. She followed them around their house, the older boy told her the story of Jack and the Bean Stalk, and the younger one waved a toy right in front of her eyes....she didn't flinch but waited for her opportunity to snatch it from him. Pierson even told her she was funny. I loved watching their interactions and seeing how she could hold her own with the boys. You go girl! Take note you are always influenced by others, lets roll with the positive ones.


Looking forward to this weekend and the pumpkin patch, Rice Festival, Rosenberg, a baby shower, and an outdoor showing of Ghost Busters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment