Monday, October 21, 2013

October fun

Sickness has once again, rolled through the Haines house this past week. After a week being quarantined and consequently watching  hours of The Wonder Years.... we missed civilization desperately! Thankful that a) Grace didn't catch our sickness and b) that we were both feeling better by Friday.

Last weekend, we visited Blessington Farms and took a trip to Rosenberg, Texas for Bob's Tacos and Another Time Soda Fountain with the Franks. The weather has been amazing here! Much more mild and enjoyable, UNTIL.. we decided to visit the pumpkin farm. Despite it being a furnace outside, we had a great time. Here are a few pictures:

We were FLYING down that slide. I thought we were going to take out the people at the bottom!






We are so blessed by a friendship with these guys. These babies light up when they see each other and even hugged on Friday when they saw each other. I love our authentic friendship! 

Overall, we've had a less eventful couple of weeks. Alex has had two Friday date nights with Gracie because of a baby shower and ladies night. I love how Grace lights up when Alex walks in the front door each night. On one of the date night, Alex took Grace to Whattaburger and had her sit on the opposite side of the table like a real date. I'm sad I missed out on this moment but I'm delighted to be married to a man that values his family. I hope Grace measures her future boyfriends against her father.

Other highlights recently:
- We booked our flights back to Illinois for Christmas. I am so excited to spend almost two weeks there! 
- Grace is taking clothes out of my drawers and attempting to dress herself. It's hilarious! Here she is in my pj top.
- Found a new running path that I'm enjoying. It's two miles around and there are friendly fellow runners/walkers.
- Grace picked out our pumpkins this year (with some guidance ;))
- We missed empanada night with our neighbors but they brought us some of their favorites. They were incredible!
- Friday, Grace and I went to Kindred, thrift shopping, got an eyebrow wax while Grace was gushed over, followed by visiting Cupcakes, Etc. The cupcake was super yummy and the girl working behind the counter was a doll.
-The Ladies' night for our ABF Friday was SO much fun. We played some games and chatted. I love all the girls and was so blessed to socialize without being pulled in different directions by our kiddos. :)
- Saturday we went to City Center for coffee and a stroll. We ended up doing some shopping and had lunch at Grub. The burger was amazing, I highly recommend it! We came home and read in the front yard and met neighbors we hadn't met yet.
- Yesterday we went to Church, read, I ran, did yard work, and caught up with some chores around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment