Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Katy Living in September

Saturday afternoon Grace and I went to the gym and put up our fall decorations! We put on the Raffi station, lit an apple cider and fall flavored candle, made some tea, and put on Grace's jean jacket to give us the illusion that it was cold out. It was so fun to see Grace getting tangled up in leaves, playing with my jack-o-lanterns, and talking to the scarecrows. She loves exactly what I thought she would.

Sunday we went to Church, a bike ride, and to the pool. It was our last visit to the pool this season. Unfortunately Texas closes their pools at the end of September despite the weather. We had a relaxing day overall and enjoyed a little treat after dinner.
Alex, excited about our ice-cream treat!
Monday we went to the gym for a couple of hours for running and yoga. Although, Alex was pretty upset to hear that Grace had a little boy come give her kisses. Watch out, Daddy's gettin' angry! We had a pretty uneventful day otherwise; mostly worked on getting Grace packed for our trip.

Tuesday morning Grace and I met Jennifer and Carolina to go walking. We walked just under 4 miles. I loved the fresh air, getting some sun, and our heart rates up....and of course the wonderful company. We baked and got ready for our company coming over for dinner. A family from our ABF joined us for taco salad, Brazilian cheese bread, and peanut butter cookies. This lovely family is gluten free so I was kinda freaking out... How gluten free are they?! Turns out I worried over nothing. It was great company.... the kids were so sweet and they were all so easy to talk to :)

This morning was a bit of a morning here. Grace slapped a glass out of my hand and it shattered all over the floor, she refused to nap, and I missed my class at the gym. I finally gave up and headed to a play group and it turned out to be just what we needed. Grace loved going down the slide, eating sidewalk chalk (just when I thought we were past the oral fixation phase), and I enjoyed fellowship with other mamas.  We are having dinner with Sarah and Ryan tonight... breakfast for dinner complete with a little pj party. Can't wait.

This week has been wonderful spiritually. I am loving this Beth Moore study. After about 40 minutes of the workbook, looking up scripture in my bible, and reflecting, I feel like God is truly giving me a takeaway after each session. Beth is really helping me break down and make sense of the scripture.... she has a beautiful way of tying it all together. My passion for The Word is growing and I'm ever so grateful.

I'm still continuing reading Love and Respect. My big take away this week was that women must talk through their feelings in order to truly understand them. We talk to release our emotions. Men are compartmentalized, but women have integrated personalities. "She is like a teakettle- she collects all the things that have happened to her over the day, and there is buildup. She needs to release some of those feelings. When you let her share her small talk and give her a chance to "let off steam," she will feel good and connected to you." I loved the teakettle analogy. I think about how many times I spew my day at Alex or friends on the phone. It truly does make me feel connected and I realize how blessed I am to have a hubby who is interested in my day, feelings, and want to be connected.

I'm SUPER excited for our trip back to Chi Town tomorrow! Say a little prayer for safe travels and that Grace is content (and maybe another little one for fall weather.....too much? Haha, okay.) Love!


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time at home...we'll look forward to hearing about it when you get back! Safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! We'll miss you all!

    Jennifer (and Carolina) (and Gustavo)

    ReplyDelete