Saturday, September 14, 2013

The comfort in school supplies....

Ahhh, back to school, back to school. I associate this time with a beautiful box of sharpened colored pencils, fresh crayons begging to be used, pencils so sharp they could carve a pumpkin, highlighters with a crisp fresh tip that so easily glides across your paper. This week I have missed the classroom immensely. Monday night I was sad; I was lamenting with Alex about craving a day of professional development. Last year, I was distracted at the start of school because I knew I would have a baby any day... this year I am a little more organized and have time to miss it. The first few back to school days I'm gloating at home, now I'm jealous of the pictures of the gorgeous bulletin boards and adorable pinterest inspired classrooms. And then, I remind myself that I can never get this time back with my toddler and that I am blessed to be home with my girl.

Wednesday, Grace and I had a sick day in bed...either sick or allergies anyway. We watched cartoons, ate popcorn, stayed in our pjs, napped, watched house hunters, and drank tea. It was a much needed relaxing (for the most part) day.

Thursday, God answered my prayers with my need for intellectual stimulation and craving for school supplies. It was the bible study kick off day at church. We heard Gari Meacham speak about her new book, Spirit Hunger (which sounds amazing and she is such a cute woman) and enjoyed a delicious brunch. I'm doing a Beth Moore study, I was warned was pretty intense, and I love it already! The homework, while time consuming, has been very thought provoking. I can't wait to bust out some of my old teacher supplies and love on this homework!


Friday Alex worked from home. My neighbor, her daughter, Grace, and myself went to a resale and to Great Harvest. It was an adventurous morning out. When Alex was done working, we went to the gym. Our neighbors and the Franks came over for yard games (most of their first time playing bags, can you believe it?!) and enjoyed the company. I love that we love our neighbors. God has truly blessed us with trusting, good people.

Grace and Avery together....so sweet! :)
This morning we went to breakfast our friends and checked out a local craft fair. You'll love the name, "The Real Craft Wives of Katy." Ha! I got a couple of little things and enjoyed strolling through.

I hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend. Show some love to someone who needs it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment