Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Baby steps and Running Races

Grace is moving ever so quickly toward the walking stage. Baby step, baby step, plop. Yesterday, Grace stood up, took a few steps, and then plopped. That was the first time she's really walked on her own without the controlled fall and when prompted to walk to Alex or myself. While skyping with her Aunt Maggie Sunday, she took quite a few steps towards the screen to chat. I guess she needs shoes if she's going to be walking!
Grace loving on Daddy as soon as he gets home.
She gets so excited when he walks in the door... I love it!
Friday was our first morning at Kindred (Similar to MOPS or Moms & Mentors at our old church). There was a delicious breakfast, a speaker, and a craft. The women at my table seem lovely and I love hearing about mothering from other women. It's nice to hear that regardless of how "put together" and on top of things these women appear, we all have our struggles. The speaker spoke on comparison and how envy robs us of our joy. It's SO easy now with social media to compare ourselves to other moms. At the end of the day, you can't put a price on your sanity.  I remember judging like crazy before I had Grace. Big mistake. If you and your child need those thirty minutes of Veggie Tales to reboot, go for it girlfriend. Some days, you've just got to pray feverishly, and try to make it through the day until the reasonable hour to pour yourself a glass of wine.. trust me, I've been there. Praise the Lord we're on a break from teething for a little while... we have had some rough days while we were getting the first eight. The brave transparency that I heard Friday was not only comedic but made me want to shower these women with love. Looking forward to growing and learning through Kindred.

Friday afternoon we made some bows for a few new babies coming into the world in November. We did a little baking and ran a few errands. We tried to go to a new pizza place that opened recently but due to the long wait we went to Olive Garden. The bread sticks were just as delicious as you remember and it was nice to go to a casual place where Grace could be loud and we could relax.

Creative wrapping. Cut a hole in the top of a box and pull band of headband through.

Saturday morning we had the Just Run for a Just Cause. It was a great turn out to help support victims involved with sex trafficking. Alex ran the 5K and I ran the 10K. It was super fun, we ran together, Alex kissed me and sent me on my way to finish another loop. I took third place in my age bracket at a 52:22 finish. I was honestly just happy to be able to run that far. It's a lot harder post baby.


After the race we went to La Centerra and strolled around and enjoyed a cup of coffee. We came home and relaxed, watched a movie, and took a nap. Later, our neighbors on each side came over for board games and snacks. We played cranium and wahoo. We had a great time :)

Sunday we went to church followed by lunch with some folks from our ABF class. After lunch we had a nap, called both set of parents to wish them a happy grandparents day and relaxed the rest of the night. We needed lots of rest this weekend.

Yesterday Grace and I met some friends for Mondays with Mommy. Its a program put on by some local organization to sing and dance with your toddler. Unfortunately, it was so hot that we didn't last long. We ran a few errands and then headed home. We met Alex at the gym after he was done with work and then had an early night relaxing here.

This morning we were early riser to meet our friend Leslie who is in town from Chicago. It was so great catching up and getting together with her and Jennifer. I am one blessed lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment