Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Holidays In Pictures


Hey y'all,

 I've missed you! With the start of the holidays and the wrap up of my bible study, I have had a difficult time sitting down to write.

Here's what's been going on:

 
  • We visited No Label Brewery with our neighbors Jamie and Keaton. Blessed by these two! :)

  • My pride and joy: my apple pie. I made it the week before thanksgiving and froze it. I took it out of the freezer a couple days before I needed it, brushed it with egg wash and sprinkled with sugar. Not to brag but it was pretty tasty.

  • Our little baby tree this year. Next year it'll be back to the routine of chopping it down. 

  • Grace loves the tree. We have had to move ornaments high on the tree because she was obsessed with carrying a few around. I love that she loves these decorations.

  • Babies! A few close friends have had their babies in the past month. I am in love with them all and am fighting the itch to have a baby.

  • It's been cold here in Texas! The temps have been in the thirties and with 100% humidity most mornings... it's that bone chilling cold. We are in for a rude awakening when we head back to Illinois.


 
  • Baking, and lots of it! We have been busy making tons of treats to share with others. Buckeyes are Grace's favorite because she can lick the beaters for those puppies (no eggs).

  • Sebastian came! We had a lovely visit from our German friend Sebastian. He came to make our first Thanksgiving away from home a memorable one. We loved his stay with us! Move to Houston, friend!

  • Grace made one of these for both her grandparents. It was tough to not be homesick. My fear was that it would be treated as any other day and it definitely wasn't. I made us all get dressed up and it felt so special :)

  • I ran my first Turkey Trot! It was so much fun. Now that I am aware of how much butter goes into everything, I think a run is absolutely mandatory!

  • Our Thanksgiving dinner with a few additional things. I was fat and happy after this meal!

  • Getting dinner ready. What troopers and a HUGE help these guys were. Sorry, Alex is taken but Sebastian on the other hand... ;)

  • My beautiful friend Jennifer. Came over on TG just in time to help with the gravy crisis. Love this sister in Christ.

  • We visited Discovery Green and Grace had her first snow cone. She LOVED it and also loved playing in the fountain.

  • She wants a new stuffed animal y'all. I am just having the hardest time picking one out.

  • The best birthday gift ever! After my bible study, I have been absolutely fascinated with all things Paul. The letter Alex wrote is incredible. I am blessed with a selfless and loving man to do life with.

  • I'm 27 now! Late twenties!

  • The feast of St. Nicholas is the eve of my birthday. We started this tradition last year with Grace. Alex has celebrated every year growing up.

  • After my birthday dinner :) Thanks to the Franks, we enjoyed a childless dinner.

  • Grace meeting Santa for the first time! She liked the jolly old fella until I started walking away...

  • I met the Pioneer Woman. She's beautiful and sweet. Excited to make some of her goodies!

  • Did a little shopping with these gals. Grace had many requests. We did get her a child's mason jar sippy cup which she is loving!

  • The Second Baptist puppet show was amazing!! Grace was in awe! New traditions, yay!

  • Our little family :)

  • Went to the Katy Christmas festival Saturday and G spotted this gem.

Katy is really feeling like home to us. We have some strong established friendships with some incredible, inspiring people. Praise the Lord for Him keeping his hand on us and helping us every step of the way in this transition!

Thanks for checkin' in :)


No comments:

Post a Comment