Friday, November 1, 2013

A Month of Thankfulness

This week has been a busy one! I find myself becoming more of a protector of Grace's nap time (another thing I said I wouldn't do because I wanted to protect MY freedom to go out when I needed to). I'm finding that unfortunately, it's just not worth stretching this poor, exhausted baby ...when she's tired, she's tired and angry. It's okay though, it's teaching me to be productive at home during that time and also allows for quiet time and that folks, is priceless.

Monday, Grace and I went for a little bike ride. We found a new park a couple miles from our house that is covered. Grace loved the slide and running around. Here's a picture of her posing at the bottom :) Take notice of her outfit Illinois friends... it was 80 degrees out!


Monday after Alex finished working, we met at the gym and Alex was pleased with BLTs for dinner.

Tuesday we went for a run and juiced in the morning. I've been experimenting with ginger in our juice and it's incredible! Grace was helpful in making the kale, cucumber, carrot, apple, ginger, lime juice. Her helping is also known as sitting on the counter taking bites out of apple slices and  handing me things to put into the juicer but she sure does enjoys drinking the finished product :)

Alex had a work dinner Tuesday so Grace and I had a girls night eating breakfast for dinner. After Grace went down I got a ton of stuff done around the house while watching "The Wonder Years." Alex was so sweet and pitied my cereal for dinner and brought me guacamole from the restaurant he visited.

Wednesday morning Grace and I woke up and baked snicker-doodles while watching "Hocus Pocus." She wasn't as in love with the movie as she was the cookies but one day she will love it! We attended the play group for our Sunday school class later in the morning. There was a great turn out and the costumes were absolutely adorable! I wish I had taken a video of the chaos that ensued from trying to get a picture of all the kids but instead got a picture. Precious:

The rest of Wednesday consisted of going to the gym, making salsa, and homemade pizza crust. Unfortunately though, when I went to make the pizza, I realized I didn't have pizza sauce. I improvised with oil, sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and coastal cheese. I used the pioneer woman's pizza crust recipe as it came highly recommended from The Closet Therapist. She knows her stuff... it was amazing!

Halloween was super fun! We had bible study, lunch while watching Earnest Scared Stupid (Alex and I love the Earnest movies) and got prepared for trick or treating. We had chili dogs and sweet potato fries for dinner and I made a large pitcher of fall sangria (recipe below). We visited a few houses on our block but couldn't venture too far. It was a great opportunity to meet the neighbors we hadn't met yet and socialize with the ones who have become our friends. We shared the sangria and enjoyed the 75 degree evening. Here's our pretty ballerina :)

Last year, a friend inspired me to commit to 30 days of thankfulness. I try to have a thankful heart but learning my new role as a mother and becoming a stay at home mom, it wasn't always easy to see the silver lining. This did wonders for my spirit.... Every day, I will post something I am thankful for on Facebook. A couple weeks ago, I worked on this craft to encourage me to "give thanks." 

Directions:

I used a margarita glass to trace and cut circles from scrapbook paper.

I printed "give thanks" from a word document, traced a circle with a smaller glass, and glued the white letters onto the scrapbook paper.
I punched holes in the scrapbook paper and thread twine through the holes. Viola, a sign, ready to hang!

Fall Sangria Recipe:


1 large apple, cored, sliced
1 large orange, thinly sliced
2 tspn. fresh lemon juice
1 container of fresh, organic apple juice or cider
3 oz of brandy
3 oz of vodka
1-2 bottles of cider beer (my favorite is Angry Orchard)

Place all ingredients in pitcher except beer. Serve in a tall glass over ice, topped with cider beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment